1997 Prospector SAR $26,500
This used hovercraft for sale features a 75 hp Subaru engine, 160 hours run time. Top speed 45mph, cruise at 30mph on 1.8 GPH. Payload 1200 lbs. Includes bunk EZ loader trailer. Vinyl skirt, spare included. This craft is located in Washington state at Amphibious Marine. Originally this craft was built for fire and rescue department near Seattle. It served for over 20 years with an exceptionally good recorded of reliability. Recently it has been given a full service. New belts for the drives and engine along with bearings.
Call 360-426-3170 for a demonstration. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dimensions: 16’ X 8’ cushion, 111ft2 Length over all: 18’. Cockpit space 94” X 50” . Height: 7’ 9” (2.06m) off cushion. Cushion depth or hard clearance: 12”.
- Payload:5 adults or 1200 lbs payload, includes people, fuel and gear.
- Empty Weight: 1050 lbs.
- Speed: 45mph maximum on water in flat calm conditions, 30mph cruise.
- Fuel Use: 1.8 gallons at cruise
- 11 gallon tank gives a range of over 100 miles.
- Hull: Molded composite laminate, polyester ester resin, with glass fiber reinforcement and light weight cores . The craft is comprised of a hull, deck, and seven bulkheads all permanently bonded together. Three sealed compartments, front and rear provide 1400 lbs of flotation. No wood is used in the construction of the craft.
The designer has taken 500 mile trips through the Puget Sound with an 18 hp version of this craft. You can read about the trip here. In fair conditions you can travel in open water between islands. Explore areas rarely seen by others. River deltas, estuaries, mudflats, rivers during low water and high.
If you need a larger used hovercraft consider the Explorer 22×10 here.
A camouflage version of the Vanguard 14D is here.
If you want to build your own from scratch this Surveyor model is very similar.