2008 Vanguard 14D $13,700
This used hovercraft for sale features a 28 hp EFI Kohler engine, 93 hours run time. Top speed 32mph, cruise at 25mph on 1.3 GPH. Payload 750 lbs. Includes trailer and Bimini top. Hypalon skirt which is much more wear resistant than vinyl skirts, and lasts very long in the sun. This craft is located in Washington state.
Call 360-426-3170 for a demonstration. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dimensions: 14’ X 7’ (4.3m X 2.1m) cushion, 82ft2 (7.6m2) Length over all: 16’ (4.9m). Cockpit space 82” X 50” (208cm x 127cm). Height: 6’ 9” (2.06m) off cushion. Cushion depth or hard clearance: 10.5” (26.7cm).
- Payload:3-4 adults or 750 lbs (340 kg) payload, includes people, fuel and gear.
- Empty Weight: 550 lbs (249 kg).
- Speed: 32mph (51.2 kph) maximum on water in flat calm conditions, 25mph (40 kph) cruise.
- Fuel Use: (EFI) 1.3 gallons (5 litres)/hour at cruise
- 6.5 gallon tank gives a range of over 100 miles.
- Hull: Molded composite laminate, epoxy vinyl ester resin, with glass fiber reinforcement and light weight cores . The craft is comprised of a hull, deck, and seven bulkheads all permanently bonded together. Three sealed compartments, front and rear provide 1100 lbs (500kg) of flotation. No wood is used in the construction of the craft.
The designer has taken 500 mile trips through the Puget Sound with an 18 hp version of this craft. You can read about the trip here. In fair conditions you can travel in open water between islands. Explore areas rarely seen by others. River deltas, estuaries, mudflats, rivers during low water and high.
If you need a larger used hovercraft consider the Explorer 22×10 here.
A camouflage version of the Vanguard 14D is here.
If you want to build your own from scratch this Surveyor model is very similar.