Sold 2008 Amphibious Marine 14D $13,995
This gently used hovercraft for sale features a Kohler 26hp EFI Engine, low hours, upgraded hypalon skirt, salt water ready, and a galvanized Rapid Deployment trailer which allows you to easily load and off load your Vanguard hovercraft in almost any launching situation. Tough and lightweight, the Rapid Deployment trailer features a welded, hot dipped galvanized, box steel frame with a pressure treated tongue and groove plywood deck to give you long service life including saltwater use. There is no need to use trailer brakes as the trailer only weighs 860 lbs. A carbon fiber windshield frame with glass and a dual wiper/wash system and a full enclosure can be added to this model. Located in Washington state.
All of these features makes this an excellent value for a used hovercraft.
- Dimensions: 14’ X 7’ (4.3m X 2.1m) cushion, 82ft2 (7.6m2) Length over all: 16’ (4.9m). Cockpit space 82” X 50” (208cm x 127cm). Height: 6’ 9” (2.06m) off cushion. Cushion depth or hard clearance: 10.5” (26.7cm).
- Payload:3-4 adults or 750 lbs (340 kg) payload, includes people, fuel and gear.
- Empty Weight: 550 lbs (249 kg). As a result of the weight, it’s very easy to tow.
- Speed: 32mph (51.2 kph) maximum on water in flat calm conditions, 25mph (40 kph) cruise.
- Fuel Use: (EFI) 1.3 gallons (5 litres)/hour at cruise; therefore it’s very fuel efficient.
- Hull: Molded composite laminate, epoxy vinyl ester resin, with glass fiber reinforcement and light weight cores . The craft contains a hull, deck, and seven bulkheads all permanently bonded together. Three sealed compartments, front and rear provide 1100 lbs (500kg) of flotation. As a result, no wood was needed for the construction of the craft.
Contact Bryan Phillips 360-426-3170 firstname.lastname@example.org
The designer has taken 500 mile trips through the Puget Sound with an 18 hp version of this craft. You can read about the trip here. In fair conditions you can travel in open water between islands. Explore areas rarely seen by others. River deltas, estuaries, mudflats, rivers during low water and high.
If you need a larger used hovercraft for sale then consider the Explorer 22×10 here.
This 2008 used hovercraft is also for sale. Click here.
If you want to build your own from scratch this Surveyor model is very similar.