This gently used (294 hours) hovercraft for sale features a Kohler 40hp EFI Engine(new), upgraded hypalon skirt, 12 gallon aluminum tank(200 mile range) salt water ready, and a galvanized “Rapid Deployment” trailer which allows you to easily load and off load your Vanguard hovercraft in almost any launching situation. Tough and lightweight, the Rapid Deployment trailer features a welded, hot dipped galvanized, box steel frame with a pressure treated tongue and groove plywood deck to give you long service life including saltwater use. There is no need to use trailer brakes as the trailer only weighs 860 lbs.
The carbon fiber windshield frame with glass and a dual intermittent wiper/wash system and a full enclosure comes this model. The craft also features a stainless exhaust with heater for the cabin.
Located in Washington state.
All of these features makes this an excellent value for a used hovercraft.
- Dimensions: 14’ X 7’ (4.3m X 2.1m) cushion, 82ft2 (7.6m2) Length over all: 16’ (4.9m). Cockpit space 82” X 50” (208cm x 127cm). Height: 6’ 9” (2.06m) off cushion. Cushion depth or hard clearance: 10.5” (26.7cm).
- Payload:3-4 adults or 800 lbs (363 kg) payload, includes people, fuel and gear.
- Empty Weight: 550 lbs (249 kg). As a result of the weight, it’s very easy to tow.
- Speed: 40mph (64 kph) maximum on water in flat calm conditions, 30mph (48 kph) cruise.
- Fuel Use: (EFI) 1.6 gallons (6 litres)/hour at cruise; therefore it’s very fuel efficient.
- Hull: Molded composite laminate, epoxy vinyl ester resin, with glass fiber reinforcement and light weight cores . The craft contains a hull, deck, and seven bulkheads all permanently bonded together. Three sealed compartments, front and rear provide 1100 lbs (500kg) of flotation. As a result, no wood was needed for the construction of the craft.
Contact Bryan Phillips 360-426-3170 firstname.lastname@example.org
The designer has taken 500 mile trips through the Puget Sound with an 18 hp version of this craft. You can read about the trip here. In fair conditions you can travel in open water between islands. Explore areas rarely seen by others. River deltas, estuaries, mudflats, rivers during low water and high.
If you need a larger used hovercraft for sale then consider the Explorer 24×10 here.
If you want to build your own from scratch this Surveyor model is very similar.