Explorer 24 Overview
The Explorer 24 commercial hovercraft is the most efficient, cost effective, saltwater capable hovercraft on the market today. It has a fully enclosed cabin with seating arrangements.
Explorer 24 capabilities:
· Powerful braking/pivoting feature
· Cruise speed 32 mph
· Leaves virtually no wake
· Powered with a Steyr 144 hp commercial diesel engine
· Can seat up to 12 people
· 2200 lb payload
· Operating range of 325 miles
· Stainless steel fasteners
· Stainless steel propeller guard and engine stand
This design has proven itself over the last 18 years, on trips as long as 1400 miles from Seattle to Juneau Alaska up the inside passage and an 1800 mile trip to the Arctic Ocean.
The Explorer 24 video can be see here.
Detailed specifications are available in the form of a downloadable PDF for your viewing or printing and there is a brochure as well. Please view the videos and photographs and feel free to e-mail or call with questions.
Request a white paper for more information about the capabilities of the Explorer 24.
Base price: Call for factory direct pricing.
- Tourist operations, resort hotels, eco tours, remote resort access
- Hunting & Fishing guide services
- Oyster and clam harvesting
- Surveys, pipe lines, drilling
- Fishing, easy access to shore line, skims over net
Search & Rescue
- Ice rescue, fast, safe, & efficient rescue of people and animals.
- Mud rescue
- Flood water rescue. Hovercraft are immune to floating or submerged obstacles, debris, and swift currents.
- Fishing, fly fishing, ice fishing, and trolling.
- Tender for larger vessels.
- Duck hunting.
- Mosquito abatement.
- Tidal area research and monitoring.
- Noxious weed abatement.
- Oil spill clean up.
- Surveys, wildlife, pollution. wetland
- Steyr engine control display, 7″ LCD
- Saltwater series: includes all necessary upgrades for saltwater use
- Camouflage paint scheme
- Galvanized boat trailer
- Dry launch, rapid deployment trailer
- Hot air skirt welder
- Stainless boarding ladder
- Carbon fiber radar and LED light mast
- Roof grab rails
- None of the prices listed above include shipping and handling.
- We accept payments in the form of a money order or wire transfer, the preferred method. We will accept a personal check but we must give it 5 business days to clear the bank. We also accept payment through PayPal but a 3% charge of the total order will be added for processing.
- Our labor rates are $110 per hour.
- Prices are subject to change.